Pathways after a degree in business:
BS Business Administration
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) degree program develops in each student a broad understanding of how the elements and processes of business organizations relate to one another and to the external environment. Degree requirements are designed to develop proficiency and confidence in the functional areas of business. In addition to providing the technical skills required for a professional level business position, the ethical considerations of business are emphasized.
This program offers students a broad background in Business Administration, with the added benefit of concentrating studies in a specific area of interest, such as Accounting, Finance, General Management, Project Management, General Marketing, Information Systems, and General Business.
Students who successfully complete the BSBA degree program will:
- Be able to demonstrate an awareness of domestic and global social issues, and the role of business in solving them;
- Demonstrate knowledge in the fundamental practices of business;
- Be able to demonstrate technological proficiency in preparation and analysis of an industry standard spreadsheet application;
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically and communicate complex ideas through writing.
1. Completion of 46 semester hours of UIW Core Curriculum
2. Completion of Business Administration Core
A. 15 semester hours of required lower division business core courses
These courses serve as prerequisites for required upper division business core courses.
ACCT 2311 Principles of Accounting I
ACCT 2312 Principles of Accounting II
BINF 2321 Introduction to Information Systems
ECON 2301 Principles of Macroeconomics
ECON 2302 Principles of Microeconomics
B. 21 semester hours of required upper division business core courses
BMDS 3370 Business Statistics
BMDS 3371 Management Science
BINT 3331 International Business Management
BLAW 3317 Business Law
BMKT 3331 Principles of Marketing
BMGT 3340 Management Theory and Practice
BFIN 3321 Principles of Financial Management
C. A Capstone course: 3 semester hours
BMGT 4375 Business Policy and Strategy
3. Selection of one of the following concentrations:
4. Free Elective Module
Hours as needed to meet the 120 total credits.
Total with requirements must equal at least 120 credit hours to be eligible for graduation.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in the division of Extended Academic Programs at the University of the Incarnate Word is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).